Monday, April 18, 2011

Working to change attitudes

Mothers tend to be scrutinised for their choices all too often, one of many being working status. Working full time? Home full time? Working from home? Working part time? Studying?
No matter which 'status' you belong to you will find someone, somewhere does not agree and will go out of their way to make you feel guilt. The reality is there is no wrong choice...every choice is right. Right for you.

How often do you reply to an intrusive, offensive comment about your working status with confidence? Most likely, not often enough. Stand proud and practice your "this is what I do, don't like it? I don't care" speech in front of the mirror!

I'm going to explore all the different choices that different mothers make and how their lifestyles work for them. Let's embrace our diversities and work to change attitudes.

If you would like to tell me your story, I would love to hear it and possibly share it. I hope you enjoy reading all about these mothers and their work/life balance.
Plenty of love...

1 comment:

  1. I love it Nat, actually caught the tail end of a today show talk about it being women who judge other women& that it's always caesar vs natural, breast vs bottle, SAHMs vs working mums- when we should support each other & it's so true. Every situation & child is unique & we all have different strengths. I love that I am at stay at home mum, but I'm able to do so as we've moved to a more affordable place, a long way away- it was out choice to make a big chance but i don't judge those who work hard at home & work, in fact I admire those wearing so many 'hats'
    I also read allot of tweats about mums/ parents being told by strangers how to parent/ disclipline their kids & that's a big no no in my books unless the kids are in danger or being neglected bite your tongue, it's not ur place:)
    Anyways that's just my five cents
    Katie of Sweet Rustic

    ReplyDelete