Thursday, April 21, 2011

At the speed of light.

How many times have you heard a parent say "They grow so quickly"? Well +1 to that...because my baby has grown so quickly. Every day there is a change in her, physically and mentally. It's incredible to witness; almost like being able to see a flower bloom.

Stella will be 10 months old in two weeks, un-believable!

She is so very mobile, something that has come about very quickly. To be completely honest I was worried she was a little bit behind in her gross motor skills, but it's amazing how much can change in a week. Within seven days she had started pulling herself up to standing on everything! Started waving goodbye and walking holding onto furniture. Now I'm wanting to take back wishing the mobility along quicker! I have had to make a few minor changes around the house and 'babyproof' a little, but she still manages to get into everything! Stella also likes to be involved in everything that I'm doing, she used to be happy playing with her toys and occupying herself for short amounts of time...Not anymore! She follows me from room to room when I vacuum, 'helps' me unpack the dishwasher and climbs up onto me to share my book/laptop/phone. She 'helped' me unpack the groceries this week by unscrewing the lid off a bottle of handsoap and pouring it onto the carpet. What a darling! Her latest trick is standing in the cot when I put her down to sleep, this has makes it much harder for her to self settle and takes a lot longer for her to fall asleep. The cot has also become victim to some teeth marks along the rail.

Each day there is something I notice that has changed overnight. She has slimmed down a little since becoming so mobile. Her hands are bigger. She has more hair.

The thought of her being 1 in two months makes me teary. It reminds me to spend as much time as possible in the moment with her. Don't rush anything along and just take in the minutes with everything you have. Suck them up, write them down, photograph them. Just be. Experience the minutes and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment